Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Recently I was in the kitchen fixing a bowl of cereal and thought to myself there must be an easier, less messy way to slice a banana for cereal, banana cream pies and such. An easier way to cut the banana so my hands won't get gooey. Some way to do it so I can easily hold on to the slippery little bugger. I came up with this:
1. First, run a knife long-ways, vertically down the outside of a banana.
(On the "outside" of the curve.)
2. Next, cut off the stem end.
3. Then, make your round slices like usual cutting through the skin and all.
4. When you remove the rounds they "roll off" the banana skin neatly and easily.
5. Result- Less goo on the hands!
P.S. This may be old news. If it is, I will gladly accept ten lashes with a wet noodle. If it's not, give it a try and tell me if it eased your banana-peeling burden. *smile*