Accurately measuring dry ingredients leads to success.
- Measuring cups are usually plastic or metal.
- Measuring cups come in a set in the following sizes: 1 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup and 1/4 cup.
- (Tip: Other in-between sizes are also available: 3/4 cup, 2/3 cup, and are handy to have.)
To measure sugar see below:
- Choose the measuring cup size your recipe calls for.
- Dip the measuring cup into the sugar container.
- Hold the measuring cup over the sugar container to catch spills while you measure.
- Choose a kitchen knife with a straight edge.
- Level off the sugar with the straight edge of the knife by dragging the edge of the knife across the top of the cup. The excess sugar will fall back into the container. You've just measured a perfect cup of sugar!
Now that we've covered measuring cups let's learn about measuring spoons!